Light On Wire
1995-12-29 SUNLINE was foaled at Pleasanton Stud near Cambridge, New Zealand.
2009-05-01 SUNLINE was put down after suffering from the debilitating hoof disease laminitis for nine months.
|Country of Origin||: NZ||Owner||: T J McKee, T A Green & Mrs H M Lusty|
|Colour / Sex||: Bay / Mare||Last Rating||: 129|
|Import Type||: VIS||Sire||: Desert Sun|
|Total Stakes*||: A$11,351,607
|No. of 1-2-3-Starts*||: 32-9-3-48
||Dam’s Sire||: Western Symphony|
Land On Mile
The field, led by SUNLINE with regular partner Greg Childs, bunched up through the first six furlongs of the mile.
Leaving the final turn, SUNLINE, the 2-1 favorite, entered the stretch with a golden lead,
but Fradd urged FAIRY KING PRAWN accelerated to cut into her margin.
FAIRY KING PRAWN responded with more speed and fell just a tad short of the bay mare.
The millimeters separating them at the wire.
SUNLINE stole the show with a whisker’s win in the HK$10 million Mile.
- (1998) Flight Stakes
- (1999 & 2000) Cox Plate
- (1999 & 2002) Doncaster Handicap
- (2000 & 2002) All Aged Stakes
- (2000 & 2002) Coolmore Classic
- (2001 & 2002) Waikato Sprint
- (2000) Hong Kong Mile
- (2000) Manikato Stakes
- (1999) BMW NZ Champion Three-Year-Old
- (1999-2002) New Zealand Horse of the Year
- (2000, 2001) Australian Middle Distance Champion
- (2000, 2001, 2002) Australian Horse of the Year
- (2000, 2001, 2002) Australian Champion Racehorse, Mare, Mercedes NZ Champion WFA Performer
- (2002) Australian Racing Hall of Fame
- (2004 – 2006) New Zealand Racing Hall of Fame (inaugural inductee)
- from 1100m to 2040m
- 1200m (5 times)
- 1400m (10 times)
- 1600m (9 times)
SUNLINE led in most of her races, and sometimes settled just behind the leader. She was renowned for her tremendous constitution, and for being difficult to pass.
Trainer: T J McKee