Racing Colours and Owner: Li Fook-sum Alan
Red: dark-green & blk.hpd.slvs., red cap.
Visionary Equine Enthusiast
- • As a child Mr Alan Li loved horses.
- • His father, Mr Li Lan Sang, used to wake him up early for morning track work.
- • When about six, he was bitten by the “passion for horses” bug.
- • After WWII, he went to race meetings with his elders.
- • Racing was always a talking point among his family and friends.
Missionary Racing Administrator
1937 born in Hong Kong.
1950 began his Secondary eduction at Wah Yan College, Hong Kong.
1955 practiced in accountant at Young & Co.England.
1964 worked at PricewaterhouseCoopers as a Chartered Accountant.
1965 became Member of the HKJC.
1969 became the first Chinese partner in PricewaterhouseCoopers.
1972 became a Director of Kowloon Dairy Ltd., one of his family business, after leaving PricewaterhouseCoopers.
1987 became a Steward of the RHKJC.
1998 became Chairman of the HKJC.
2002 retired as Chairman and became a Steward of the RHKJC.
2003 passed away in Phuket, Thailand, after a heart attack. He was sixty-six.
|1982||2003-12-30||BANK OF EAST ASIA, LIMITED (THE)||Non Exec. Director|
|1984||1987||HONG KONG RACEHORSE OWNERS ASSO’N Ltd||President|
|1965||1987-09-01||HONG KONG JOCKEY CLUB (THE)||Member|
|1975||1987-09-01||HONG KONG JOCKEY CLUB (THE)||Voting Member|
|1987-09-01||1996-09-02||HONG KONG JOCKEY CLUB (THE)||Steward|
|1996-09-02||1998-08-31||HONG KONG JOCKEY CLUB (THE)||Dep. Chairman|
|1998-08-31||2002-08-29||HONG KONG JOCKEY CLUB (THE)||Chairman|
|2002-08-29||2003-12-30||HONG KONG JOCKEY CLUB (THE)||Hon Steward|
|1972||2003-12-30||KOWLOON DAIRY LIMITED (THE)||Exec. Director|
- Happy Valley Racecourse Redevelopment Committee Chairman.
- Shatin Parade Ring Redevelopment Project Steering Committee.Chairman.
- Five International Races were upgraded to International Group 1 status during his chairmanship
- He propelled Hong Kong Racing into the International arena.
- He was the visionary and architect behind the current format of the Hong Kong International Races.
- • 2004-01-01, a minute’s silence as a tribute to Mr Li was held on New Year’s Day at Sha Tin Racecourse.
His Trainers: I W Allan, G Moore, P L Biancone, J Moore
His Winning Jockeys: G W Moore, D Brereton, M Philipperon, G Schofield, G Mosse
|Horses owned by “Alan F S Li”|
|CITADEED (Retired)||INTEGRITY (Retired)||MENTOR (Retired)||PASHA (Retired)|
|ZAKARAD (Retired)||ILLICO (Retired)||GILGIT (Retired)||ROC BLEU (Retired)|
|SANG BLEU (Retired)||GILGIT II (Retired)|
|Horses partially owned by Alan F S Li.|
|MAXIMUS (Retired)||VISORHILL (Retired)|